Sunday 5 February 2012

Review: Maybelline Limited Edition Baby Lips in Protecting Berry


I've never used a BabyLips before, but these little Maybelline lip balms have quite a bit of support within the beauty community. I've been tossing up whether or not to get one, and when I noticed this eye-catching packaging, I thought it was time to finally take the plunge.


The Maybelline Baby Lips range are appear to be a saviour for your lips, having SPF 20 protection, vitamin complexes delivering powerful antioxidants and active care ingredients. It has the claims of up to 8 hours moisturisation and the guarantee that within four weeks, your lips will be deeply repaired.


The limited edition shade in Protecting Berry comes in, what I believe to be, very sleek and classy packaging - a white background with pink and black writing. The tube looks very sleek, and the product is just as nice. The transparent balm has a sweet yet tart, strawberry-like smell and to me, has a tangy, yet not unpleasant, strawberry taste. I'm not the biggest strawberry fan, but I quite like the smell.

As to claims that this moisturises for up to 8 hours, maybe I talk to much, lick my licks a lot, or apply too much, but I don't feel like it could stay on for that long. Maybe it's my constant thought that it's rubbed off or just the drier consistency then I'm used to having on my lips, but I never feel like it stays on for too long. It does leave my lips really smooth though.

To me, when I first heard about these, I thought they were a bit of a rip-off of the ever famous, 90s-popular lip smackers, but I was completely wrong! These baby lips balms are a comfort to all lip types, and I highly suggest seeking out one of them, especially this limited edition one because it looks so pretty!

I can't wait to get my hands on more, especially the menthol one as I love how mint products feel on my lips!

Have you tried any of the Baby Lips range?
Love Gianna
xx

5 comments:

  1. Oooh Gianna, I am sure you are aware of how much of a fan I am! Glad you liked it, I found the range very addictive!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought one of these a little while ago. I love the fragrance and how it makes my lips feel, so I find myself reapplying frequently through the day. I agree with Candice, these are very addictive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I have been loving mine. Saw this LE packaging in Priceline today. One of the better lipbalms I've tried of late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Lips are fantastic for the price I've got the organe and green one. I might pickup this one, haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete